Saturday, September 5, 2009

Player Spotlight

I recently had the pleasure of chatting with one of the newest members of Childsplay's acting company. Actor and writer, Louis Farber, shares with us some of his favorite baseball memories, inspirations and how he went from being a "spec of dust" to playing the fierce bully, Birdie in Childsplay's Honus and Me.

What made you interested in Childsplay and the script, Honus and Me?

The thing that interested me the most was an opportunity to work. I had never worked with Childsplay before and I had no knowledge of the show. I received a phone call from my friend Jeremiah Clay Neal who was contacted by Dwayne Hartford at the suggestion of David Saar. David had seen me in The Water Dog, an original show Jeremiah and I developed for our company Word Of Mouth Tour Company, and he thought I would be good for the role that had been vacated by whoever dropped out or whatever, so then I called Dwayne and said "I hear you're looking for me" and he said "You are a spec of dust, on a piece of whale poop at the bottom of the ocean. Now read...read like the wind." So I did. At this point I should say that I was excited about the idea of working with Childsplay on their season opener. So I came in and read for Dwayne and that was the first exposure I had to the script and the story of the play.

What is your favorite baseball childhood memory?

When I caught my first fly ball. I was in the sixth grade and I was in center field and the ball was hit hard and it flew out and up and over my head and I jumped and somehow caught the ball. I was so surprised that I actually stopped and looked at the ball in my glove. I finally came to when I heard my team and the bench screaming "Throw it!" As I was checking out the ball runners were tagging up and scoring. Oops. I will never forget that catch though, and how accomplished I felt seeing that baseball in my glove.

What baseball team do you root for?

The defending world champions of baseball, the Philadelphia Phillies.

What baseball player inspires you and why?

Cole Hamels. He's a left handed pitcher for the Phillies. He inspires me because at 27 years of age, he has not only led his team to a World Series, but he was voted the series MVP.

If you were an MLB player, what would be your nickname and theme song?

My nickname would be "Farbertron" and my theme song would be "Looking Good" from a little movie called "The Bad News Bears in Breaking Training".

0 Post a comment:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.