Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Equipment


Day 4-

Let's talk gear.

I'm starting to break into my baseball shoes/cleats, which is great. They felt strange at first since I've never worn shoes with plastic spikes underneath. They were a little too snug on the first day and now that I've been rehearsing in them, they have become super comfy. So comfy that I accidentally forgot I had them on and forgot to put my regular shoes on after rehearsal!

I am also now very attached to my baseball mitt. When searching for a good fit it was important to take some things into consideration including my hand size, age, and field position. My character's position is shortstop (the fielding position between second and third base) so that meant my baseball mitt needed to be a little smaller than an outfield mitt and with a closed web.

And my favorite so far: my batting helmet. It's nice and snug and not only does it make me feel safe but it also makes me look like a pro!

I'm super stoked about the Diamondbacks game tomorrow night! Hopefully we'll win.


1 comment:

Leave a comment.