Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Playing Catch


Day 2-

I learned how to play catch. Yes, for the first time.

Before you judge me, let it be known I was born in Mexico City and I grew up being exposed to soccer (futbol) and not much else when it came to sports. I was never a sports fan and my most athletic moments in high school happened with the the school's marching band.

So now I'm a little older... but after about 10 minutes of total embarrassment, I was able to somewhat constantly throw and catch a ball without too much jumping and screaming.

And then it was fun! I couldn't believe that I was playing catch for a living!

Last night I drew diagrams of baseball fields with labels for bases and boxes and whatnot and learned basic rules of the game. My script is starting to look more like a scrapbook or journal of notes and pictures.

I am on my way to becoming a fan and as Miss Young says in Act 1, Scene 3 of the play, "there's two kinds of people in the world: people who like baseball; and people who will like baseball when they stop being idiots"!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment.